I hate subway!

OK if you order a 6 inch sandwich it is $4.25 a footlong is 6.00. Now why is a salad also $6.00 but you only get the 6 inch amount of meat? The workers at subway say it is because I am getting more veggies. I said no I am getting the same amount as a footlong and would rather pay the $6 for the extra meat then the veggies. then they said it was because I am using a bowl. Well what else can the salad come in? So can I ask for a footlong and when they ask me what kind of bread can I tell them to throw it on the floor because I'm not going to eat it anyway?

adakbride

Asked by adakbride at 12:14 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Food & Drink

• LOL ask them if they can make the bread into a bread bowl? although i havent ordered a salad at subway, i dont know how much veggies you get compared to what you get on a sandwich. if your that mad, tell them through email. tell them they overprice thier salads and you dont give a crap about the bowl. tell them that thier bowl will never last through another washing if they look cheap so there is no use on keeping it if thats why the prices are jacked on them.

i gave a piece of my mind to shopko one time.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 12:21 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• lol......ok.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 12:16 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• what happened toe the five...five dollar...five dollar foot loooong?

I like publix deli sandwiches, they are the BEST!!!!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:17 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I don't think the workers make up the prices they probably all eat at Tubbys.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 12:19 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• LMAO!!! That's funny. I don't get salads at subway. I luv me some subway!
    youngmom33

Answer by youngmom33 at 12:24 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• So buy your own salad ingredients and make your salad at home...I LOVE Subway.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 1:02 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• lmao
    tigger08

Answer by tigger08 at 1:50 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I get your point but that's their prices and you knew that before you ordered so you were ok with it. $6 is not alot for a salad. It's ridiculous to make such a fuss bout the way they are doing business when they aren't doing anything wrong. Go to the store and buy everything you need then you'll realize buying everything on your own is alot more expensive. I really can't stand it when people complain about the price of food when at a restaurant. Don't go if you don't like it.
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 3:28 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I went to Subway's website and asked my question so we will see what the response is. Also interesting sidenote: on their website this is what it says about salads:

SUBWAY® SALADS
    Any sandwich can be made into a salad with chopped lettuce, red onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, green bell peppers, and olives.

So sounds like I can order a sandwich and just have them turn it into a salad.
    adakbride

Comment by adakbride (original poster) at 2:02 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• what was so wrong about my answer?
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 7:53 PM on Jul. 12, 2010