so i keep reading on here that when a baby is going through a growth spurt, they tend to not sleep as well. all both my kids want to do is eat and sleep! what is it like for you?

rileymommy

Asked by rileymommy at 12:17 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• eat sleep poop repeat LOL!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 5:57 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• My 11 month old DD is going through a growth spurt right now and all she wants to do is eat and sleep as well. She gets up and plays but it's not too long before she's getting grumpy and rubbing her eyes again.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 12:18 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I've always understood it that they sleep MORE. My boys one time slept for 18 hours. It was INSANE. I kept having to check on them....they were totally fine so I let them sleep...lol
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 12:18 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• At the beginning of growth spurts there is eating and wakefulness, then at the end there may be a sleeping surge. In the first 6 months it all sort of blends together as growth spurts are right on top of each other. The spurt pattern is usually around 3 days, 6 days, 2- 3 weeks, 6 weeks, 9 weeks, 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, 12 months, 15 months, 18 months etc.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:40 PM on Jul. 12, 2010