I am a single mother who recentlt had brain surgery 6 weeks ago. Now since my abilities are still slow my 8 year old is having a hard time not having fun in the summer. Any one else gone through this or have any ideas? Thanks...

She did real good fo the first month the last two weeks have been the hardest and I can't drive also I am taking time without pay so I am very limited.

JBOYD4

Asked by JBOYD4 at 12:19 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Health

• is there a neighbor or fam member who could take her to the libary? they have a lot of great programs that are free. GET WELL SOON!!!!!!!
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 12:23 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I hear you. First, summer isn't only about self pleasure and fun. Has she any new ideas she wants to work on? Can you help her think of finding her purpose? I see she is young, but maybe she can reach out to another family with a medically fragile family member. There are lots of kids just like her~I wonder if she might like to play or help watch other kids with the same thing going on?

keep healing!
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 12:31 PM on Jul. 12, 2010