I am feeling so torn right now

When I was single I always said, that I would not date a man with kids...I know most men have them especially as we all get older, but I know early on that I did not want to deal with baby mama drama and the baggage that comes along with it. I have kids of my own that are grown now and whom ever I dated never had to deal with my kids dad as he past away at a very young age. Well, never say never because I fell in love with my now husband and his kids but these kids are really bad and they just make bad choices all the time they lie and steal from people/family. Just recently they ran a way and told the police that I abandoned them at our local rec. center...it got all cleared up and I was so relieved that I didn't get hauled off to jail because of their lies that It didn't effect me like it is right now it's kicking in what they did and I am so hurt and angry, I seriously don't like them right now. Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• Sounds like it's time to get to the root of the real issue and then address it. Were I in your shoes, I'd INSIST on both individual and family counseling. Your family needs an action plan to get these kids on the right track.
    BuddyRoo

Answer by BuddyRoo at 12:52 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I think you should talk with your husband. Tell him that you don't feel comfortable with what his children are doing and see what he can do to make them stop. What is their ages? Is he divorced? Because they may just want to get their parents back together. I hope everything goes alright for you.
    Jane615

Answer by Jane615 at 12:40 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I don't know what I would do in that situation. I suppose it would depend on their ages. GL though.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 12:56 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I'm with Buddyroo, those kids need counseling. They also would lose all privileges in my home for a while!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 1:13 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• They are looking for love and attention that's what they need and for someone to take an interest in them and to let them know that no matter what your there for them.You, mom and dad will stand by them no matter what.. they may be testing you. If they show you disrespect then take away form them if they live with you I would take every thing out of their rooms and for them to get it back they would have to rean it back by being nice and showing resoect..I have done it to my kids and it works you only have to provide a roof over their heads food and water and clothing on their backs and a place to lay their heads you pick the clothes they wear no music or tv tell they show respect and stop they stealing and that they have chores to do to keep them busy...
    That is your house take charge of your house. If they were your kids would you give up on them.
    Let me man put us under( Vows) stand for something. Be there for them.GL
    paurad

Answer by paurad at 2:12 PM on Jul. 12, 2010