How do you keep your house clean?

I can "get" mine clean but how do I keep it clean? it seems like both kids (3 & 5) and DH are all working against me (they all mess up and I'm the only one who cleans up!)

hotrodmomma

Asked by hotrodmomma at 12:50 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Home & Garden

• It helps when they take naps or when they fall asleep for the night I try to clean up during the day so @ night I dont have much to do but clean the floor
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 12:53 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• get the family to help~maybe start some new "ways" (being the house leader) the 10 second tidy (comfy couch) before leaving the house can really help~but you have to plan ahead and make it part of the transition out~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 12:57 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I don't have any advice for you. I have the same problem. lol
    JenMarie2007

Answer by JenMarie2007 at 1:00 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I'm real fortunate to have a good hubby that helps.& when the grandkids leave...he knows tat i'm tired and will just leave everything the same way so...he'll start picking up the toys then he knows I feel guilty so i'll get up and clean the kitchen.we've been doing it for so long,it seems like he knows it won't get done unless he starts first.
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 1:01 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• you make them pick up after themselves....
    sillyme85

Answer by sillyme85 at 1:06 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Resolve yourself to the idea that housework is never done!! There is always something that can be done or should be done. I'm always telling the kids to clean up after themselves, especially when I know they are done with an item and have moved on to a new item. I am always cleaning something, dishes, dusting, taking 3 minutes to straighten out the bookshelves, etc. In addition I inlist the kids help. I often tell them to go sweep the bathroom floor or run the vacuum, or put a load in the wash, as I'm busy doing another chore.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 1:23 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Flylady!
    college.mom

Answer by college.mom at 11:37 PM on Jul. 12, 2010