HUH??

I was talking with a friend and she said that the Twilight Saga promotes abstinance. I seen the movies and read up to the third book but, how does it promote abstinance? I just can't see it promoting abstinance.

Jane615

Asked by Jane615 at 12:57 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Ummmm, no I dont see it promoting abstinence. I see it promoting lust....from pretty much any woman that sees it....super hot guys! LOL LOL LOL
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 12:59 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Edward's big hang up is no sex until after marriage, and I'm pretty sure all three of the main characters are virgins. Actually, none of the teenage characters have any bad habits, even the *good* vampires who are together are all married.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 12:59 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Um, can I vote up mom2twobabes a few more times? Lol, I agree with her 110%!

I don't see it promoting abstinence either. I mean the only reason I don't see them doing it is because he will eat her (not in the dirty way! lol) if they get that aroused.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 1:02 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Who really cares?? I just think it's silly the way people act over this whole thing!
    sillyme85

Answer by sillyme85 at 1:03 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I don't know if it's "promoting" abstinence but there 's no sex until the 4th book and even then it's not juicy in the slightest. I guess books geared towards 13 year old girls shouldn't have detailed sex scenes in them. Lol.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 1:05 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I guess one could make that argument because there is no sex until after they are married.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 2:04 PM on Jul. 12, 2010