does disagreement=hatred?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Only when you disagree with a liberal!!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:32 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Lol, no. But it sure is dramatic to say so, isn't it?

What, you don't agree with me and your points are better than mine?! You just HATE! You're just posting HATE!
    Bezu

Answer by Bezu at 1:14 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Not to a rational adult examining a situation objectively. To overly emotional and/or poorly educated people, rejection of their idea or belief is a rejection of them personally and they are not capable of separating the two to observe them objectively (or they would be if anyone had ever bothered to teach them how).
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:33 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I don't think so, Even lovers can have disagreements :)
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:09 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• No.

But it appears to lead some to post disrespectful remarks about those who post differing opinions. When you disagree with your loved ones, friends, co-workers, do you name call and "bully" in an attempt to nullify that differing POV ? I doubt most people would attack a co-worker's opinion,to their face, as they regularly and anonymously do here. Again just my opinion.

We are all anonymous on the IN.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:21 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Some cry hate when others disagree with them. IMO they do it because they have nothing logical to add to a debate.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:31 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• No way! There are a lot of people with whom I have a lot of disagreements, but I don't HATE anyone.

I do think that people jump immediately to hatred very often, though, especially when it comes to political views.
    MamaRae85

Answer by MamaRae85 at 1:12 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

***

clapping

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:47 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Calling someone idiot, moron or stupid does not mean the same thing as saying their OPINION is stupid or idiotic or moronic. Name calling is constructive? IMO, use of such as a crutch is merely a defense mechanism and is not an indication of anything positive and contribute nothing. is hate involved? I doubt it."

I agree. I for one have been called ignorant, an idiot, and told that I shouldn't have been blessed with children...all for disagreeing with someone, and all in the past week,lol. Boy, P&C has been an active section the past few days. Do I hate that person for it? Nope. Because in reality, if politics weren't involved, and they knew that I was actually a very kind person, we may get along just fine. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 4:10 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Not at all. I disagree with my DH on a lot of things, but I love him with all my heart!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 1:11 PM on Jul. 12, 2010