Thoughts on fights

Ok, here's my point of view. If my son gets into a fight at school because he was being a jerk and they started fighting, I will come DOWN on him like a bag of hammers. If he puts another kid down because they were physically harming him, that's fine. The school might punish him, but I won't. What are your view on your kids fighting.

Oh, and when I say "put another kid down", that will be what he does, because he is getting self-defense training. =P

MamaRae85

Asked by MamaRae85 at 1:07 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• My stance has always is, and continues to be this. If my son gets in trouble for starting a fight at school, oh yeah his butt belongs to me when I get word of it.
    If another kid is picking on him, he should walk away and tell an adult. If they stop him from walking away, or the adult does nothing to stop it, then he should defend himself.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 1:10 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Oh, yes, sorry. I neglected to say that that should be his first course of action, if possible, except if the person is going to cause serious harm.
    MamaRae85

Comment by MamaRae85 (original poster) at 1:13 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• As long as it is self defense I am fine with them fighting. Also if they stand up for someone being bullied.
    countryspun

Answer by countryspun at 1:33 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I feel the same way. My son got in a fight on the bus a few months ago. He's in kindergarten and the other kid punches him in the eye and my son finally had enough and pushed him down. but he didn't get in trouble the bus driver said it was self defence.
    snowangel1979

Answer by snowangel1979 at 2:23 PM on Jul. 12, 2010