how likely is it your child will get jaundice if you had it?

kaydee8

Asked by kaydee8 at 1:10 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Not sure, but it's a pretty common thing with newborns, and isn't anything to be horribly worried about.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 1:11 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• i had it. ds#1 had a slight case. he was born at 37wk5d. i just kept nursing him and kept him by the sunlight. we never had to use lights or go to formula.
    ds#2 didn't have it. he was born at 40w5d.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 1:34 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Not sure, I didn't have it but my daughter did. She didn't have that bad though, they just put her under the UV lights for about a 1 1/2 days.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 2:39 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I had it and stayed a about a week in the hospital. My oldest was born early at 33 weeks and was on phototherapy for 2 days. He was borderline so they treated him just incase.. and my younger son was jaundice and had to be on the bili blanket for a few days.. although he was still slightly jaundice for a couple months.. took a while to go away completely.
    dizzyseagull

Answer by dizzyseagull at 3:05 PM on Jul. 12, 2010