How can I dress so I can hide how fat I am?

I know I can't hide it all but I feel so insecure with myself and can't lose weight just yet since i'm pregnant. I don't know anything about fashion or anything but I was hoping someone could give me some slimming clothing tips? Please i'm desperate! My DH doesn't like my body and I want to make it as easy for him to be around as possible until I can lose weight!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• in black and show off ur legs and chest....accentuate your attributes
    LotusBlossom21

Answer by LotusBlossom21 at 1:16 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• wait... you are pregnant, your dh doesn't like your body and you want to make it easy on HIM

tell him to stop being an ass, you are growing his CHILD in your body
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:16 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Accentuate your best features. Even if you overweight you probably have a great chest or nice legs. Work on those while camoflauging what you don't feel good about. Like we a top that shows your cleavage but is loose around your mid section.

Honestly, as a big girl, pregnancy was my time to shine. It was ok to be big, I got into empire waist pregnancy tops as soon as possible. It was the one time I could shop in the same stores as everyone else and that it was not only ok, but expected, to be big.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 1:16 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• bring the focus up to your face~necklace, chest, pretty hair?
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 1:17 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• flowy summer dresses that get tight right below your boobs and flows out or you can take a flowy dress with one of those big belts that you can put below your boobs
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:17 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I'm sure you are beautiful. No type of clothing is going to give your dh a personality transplant.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:18 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Big clothes make you look bigger, you need fitting clothes-not tight just form fitting.

Wear something form fitting around your chest, flowing off of you belly.
    Form fitting pants or half pants-(I just drew a blank) with a looser shirt.

Never wear bigger then what you are, it only makes you look bigger. :) Good luck!!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:24 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

I agree.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 2:37 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Pregnant women are beautiful so just know it's your man's issue. You are NOT fat, you are pregnant but I hear ya about the jerk. I had an ex like that. He moved out every time I started showing. He didn't like the look either but I loved being pregnant and I thought it was amazing how the body looked during that time. However, you didn't ask my opinion about that, you asked about dressing. I wore my every day jeans. I wore a stretch belt to keep them up when I couldn't zip them up anymore. I wore great tops. Stick with vertical lines NOT horizontal lines. You are beautiful. Never forget that

Answer by admckenzie at 2:42 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I agree w/cynprz. formfitting clothes but not tight. and to bring focus to feet - or legs if u have great legs! just keep focus away from belly or whatever area is your prob area. And blinders or full facemask for dh who sounds like a jerk. Most men who are not superficial jacka$$e$ think their women look great during pregnancy. My SIL loves to see a preg woman cuz of what it represents. He's a sweetheart...
    WyoArmyMom

Answer by WyoArmyMom at 5:37 PM on Jul. 12, 2010