how do i know he wants to marry me?

before i got prego my bf and i were talking about what kind of wedding we wanted and decideing what we like and writing it down. since i have had my baby i have brought it up and he either goes to sleep or the one time he was awake he answered then changed the subject real quick. i also found out that last year for my bd he was going to purpose but casue my xhubby ruined holidays for me he wanted to give me a good bd(fear if we split i would hate my bd forever). how do i know if he still wants to marry me?

puresouthern

Asked by puresouthern at 1:16 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• Ug - I was just in this SAME situation. We were talking about what kind of marriage/rings we wanted... then, we found out I was 8 weeks pregnant. The marriage talk ended. I didn't bring it up for awhile, and finally decided to just ask. My SO told me that he did want to marry me, but at this point it would just look like a shot-gun engagement and it pulled all of the romance out of it for him. He still does want to marry me, but he wanted to do it the RIGHT way, not while I was pregnant... Talk to him, its the only thing you can do at this point... GL!
    allfiller

Answer by allfiller at 2:14 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• You have to ASK HIM. In fact, propose yourself. And tell him you need a date by a certain time.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:27 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I agree. Just ask him.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:37 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• FYI: I didn't wait for him. I told my x when we were getting married and what time to be there!

Answer by admckenzie at 2:38 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Important discussions require an appropriate time and place. Having a serious discussion at the end of a long day when people are exhausted isn't usually fruitful. I'd try to find a time when you guys are together and don't have a lot of distractions to just bring it up. "Honey, I am feeling a little worried about our future. We had been discussing getting married. Is that still something you want to do?" I would warn you though...don't ask questions you don't want to hear the answers to. It's possible that he's changed his mind. Try to stay calm and work through it.
    BuddyRoo

Answer by BuddyRoo at 1:32 PM on Jul. 12, 2010