Do you like ground turkey as much as beef?

I have been purchasing a lot of ground turkey lately. My daughter likes it a lot more than beef for some reason. However, you really need to season it well because it can be bland. I don't think tomato sauce goes very well with it either.I've used it to make burgers, tacos, and with tomato sauce just to try something new with it.

CafeMochaMom1

Asked by CafeMochaMom1 at 1:16 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I rarely buy ground beef anymore, it's ground turkey for us. I use it in all recipes that call for ground beef and I have a FABULOUS recipe for turkey burgers that my family prefers over ground beef burgers any day. One tip that I've found is to add 1/2 to 1 tsp. beef boullion to turkey if you're using it in skillet meals/casseroles/etc. to help season it.

I don't even like ground beef now. It tastes too fatty and greasy and blah. My body doesn't like it either; my digestive system gets upset.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 1:46 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• we haven't used ground beef in 6 years in my house, ground turkey only
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:17 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I've never used it.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 1:17 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I don't like it unless you can't taste it for all the seasonings (bland) but I usually use 50/50 with turkey and beef to help out.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:18 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I don't mind it in spaghetti sauce, but a turkey burger on its own tastes too gamy for me.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 1:20 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I really don't like it. I've tried seasoning it well and I just don't care for the taste or texture.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:58 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I prefer it, but I'm the only one so I typically stick with beef (have to buy ground turkey from the grocery store, beef we buy straight from the farmer, the whole steer - it's readily available in my freezer year-round - turkey isn't).
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 5:13 PM on Jul. 12, 2010