I still have the chipmonk in my house!!

The little bugger has been in here a coule weeks now. I can't find him or catch him when I see him. We have a trap, but he is too light to set it off the shut him in it so he can be released back outside. He eats his goodies in there so I know he is in here. I am afraid of him dying and stinking up the house? What else can I try to get him?

2BlondeBabies

Asked by 2BlondeBabies at 1:24 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My mother had a squirrel in her house. the pest control guy said they will go toward light, so close all the curtains and drapes in the house and open the front door so the animal can see the light- and it worked.

Answer by Bmat at 3:19 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• We had this problem with a mouse one time. We called a local pest control place and this is what they told us: Quit feeding him. Don't put anymore food down for him. Make sure there is NOTHING for him to eat anywhere. Put your bread in a cabinet, make sure he can't get to your boxes of cereal and put the dog food away. Once he doesn't have anything to eat, he'll leave. If he got in he CAN get out.
    LorisChar

Answer by LorisChar at 1:31 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• you can find the right trap for them. We had one at work a while back & we tried using a rat trap, but like you said...he was too light & was not working. So, my boss went to home dept & bought one that worked differently. As son as he picked up the food, the gate would shut, it worked like a charm.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:35 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• LMBO!! I have to laugh because it reminded me of the Lampoons Christmas vacation movie..where the squirrel gets in the house with the christmas tree! HAHAHAHAHA..that is my fav part of that movie!
    You could borrow my cat...she'd catch it and eat it for ya,lol. She's horribly disgusting.
    Maybe set up some rat traps in some hidden areas.Or call pest or animal control.
    Good luck! Hope ya get him out of there soon!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:40 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• What if you put some peanuts or whatever he's been eating by a door and leave it slightly opened with more food outside?
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:49 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• By the way, they are only active during the day. They aren't nocturnal so you wouldn't have to leave a door opened at night.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:50 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• You may have to give up hope of catching him alive. Get some glue traps.....sorry!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:23 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• He got in from leaving the french doors on my screened in porch open. He is contained to the opposite part of the house now LOL I can't really leave doors open, with 2 little ones. Plus now I am afraid more animals will get in!!
    2BlondeBabies

Comment by 2BlondeBabies (original poster) at 2:02 PM on Jul. 12, 2010