Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Is there something wrong with me?

OK here lately i have found that i cant stand to hear my 7yr (in the last 6month). when i hear her voice i cringe and get a migrain. Is there something wrong or is this normal? we have been living in the south since nov07 we have no family here so she does not get to stay with family like most kids do. do we need a break or do i need a doctor for me?


Asked by puresouthern at 1:25 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 11 (552 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (11)
  • You need a break ASAP.

    Answer by countryspun at 1:31 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

  • Um..You may need to see a doctor--you may need like an anti-depressant or something.

    Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:26 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

  • i would say break. finds kids in ur area and take her outside to run around more...

    Answer by LotusBlossom21 at 1:28 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

  • Getting irritated and aggravated is a normal part of parenting. But it is something you need to work on. Maybe get her involved in some extracurricular activities. Maybe some kind of day camp she'll enjoy? That way she will be able to do things she enjoys while you get a small break. Also talk to your doctor maybe there is a nerve problem or something they could help you with....Good Luck.

    Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 1:29 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

  • No, you need a break, if that does not work, then you need a doctor....

    Some parents handle things diffrently, I would die for my kids, I want to be there for them when they are old, I love them with all my heart, but honestly sometimes, they are annoying, I LOVE THEM THOUGH>>>>>>> and always will. That is when I know I need to miss them, LOL< Keep going strong try to make friends and have playdates, so you can get a break..> Good luck !!!!

    Answer by KFree907 at 1:29 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

  • you gotta get that worked out~see a MD...maybe get a lovebird~they are so loud and sharp a human voice will sound like harmony~

    Answer by surfcitymom at 1:30 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

  • I totally understand... some days, their sounds are enough to drive me up a wall. It doesn't mean that I do not love them, or that I mistreat them, or anything else- just that I am under stress.

    When I feel like that, I take a long walk in the sunshine, getting out of the house helps sooo much!

    Likewise, I live in the south (coastal SC), away from ALL friends and fam, and have for the past year. I'm also recently divorced, and it's hard getting back into the swing of things. Other parents do not want my kids around when they find out that their father (despite the fact that he is extremely abusive) is not in the picture- It's sad. My dd has lost a lot of friends when parents ask where their dad is *shakes head*

    You may benefit from an anti depressant, but I think you would benefit more from making some friends, and getting out of the house every once in a while.

    Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:31 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

  • I wouldnt say there is something wrong with you...but it does sound like you need a break from eachother. Can you enroll her in a local rec center she can go to and make some friends and spend some time away from home a few hours a day to give you both a break?
    My son drives me nutso some days and all we need is some time apart..does him good to socialize with other people than just me anyway,lol.

    Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:32 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

  • Can you find a local mom group like MOMS Club other women have children and get together during the day and at night for Moms Night Out. You and your daughter might make friends you can swap kids off with for alone time or least connect with other moms while she plays with the other kids. You aren't alone, even if it feels like it. *hugs* if you want them. Antidepressants aren't a bad choice either!

    Answer by jamesonjustines at 1:37 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

  • Sounds like you need a break. Take her outside so she can play and get that extra energy out of her system. It also sounds like you feel isolated and trapped with nobody to turn to. You don't have family support, which can be very frustrating. Maybe speaking to a doctor about it would help you cope better. GL

    Answer by nicolemstacy at 1:48 PM on Jul. 12, 2010