My daughter won't let me cut her hair!

I've tried trimming her hair and she won't let me! It's getting long and it's starting to knot up at times....even when i put it up in braids or ponytails.
Anyone have any tips to solving my little problem? We can't afford to have it done...so that's kinda not an option! :)

CAGirl4

Asked by CAGirl4 at 1:33 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Bribery. :)
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 1:45 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Don't cut it right now and respect her wishes..or maybe ask her why and see what you can do from there. Or don't cut it at all and then ask again in a few days time.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 1:35 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• at least in preschool~I let my kids pick out their our friends, clothes and hair (for graduation this year, all the Kinder' girls made a pack and all cut their hair into matching short bob cuts~they were so into their hair).
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 1:38 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Does it just need a little trim? If so...wait until she is asleep and give it a try,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:34 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I'd say let it go.. My daughter wanted hers cut.. so I took her and got it cut.. & now she wants to let it grow--so I will let her. Try detangler.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:36 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• They do make shampoo that helps with the tangle in longer hair. I have cut my children's hair. They really don't sit still for any length of time for you to do so you need to be quick about it too. It takes a bit of doing and keep them from pulling away when they think they've had enough of you trying to cut their hair. My kids never liked getting hair on the back of their necks either.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 1:41 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Has she told you "WHY"? That might make a difference.
    The place I take my son has a DVD player and we take our own movie so he can watch it while he gets his hair cut. Give her something to do with her hands also - like a Rubix Cube.
    Does she think it is going to hurt to CUT her hair? Try using the word TRIM instead of CUT.
    MamaOfB

Answer by MamaOfB at 5:46 PM on Jul. 12, 2010