How do you keep your cool with your kids?

I'm 37wks, 4 days along.....hormonal, SORE and tired. How can I keep my cool with my three kids under the age of 3??? My parents won't be here until NEXT monday to help me out and my DH has finals for his summer classes, so he's off studying so he doesn't fail....lol

CAGirl4

Asked by CAGirl4 at 1:35 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• *HUGS* I know it's tough hun, I was pregnant and had a two year old, and I thought THAT was hard! I can't even imagine what you're going through! When you feel like you're going to lose it, put them in a room (a playroom, a bedroom, just somewhere that you know that they can't get into anything that would hurt them) and go to another room. Take slow, deep breaths and smile. It's hard to feel stressed when you're smiling. When you've calmed down, then handle them. If the ones closer to 3 keep acting up, put them in the corner or time-out. Doing activities together, coloring with them, letting them "help" you bake something, just something to keep them constructively occupied will do wonders as well. You're almost there! Things WILL get better for you!
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 1:41 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Play make believe games where you can just lay there be the teacher, the patron in the restaurant who gets served, etc. Get them involved coloring and with play doh and don't worry if they mash it all together.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 1:40 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I walk out of the room.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 1:39 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• pretend Dr. Phil has a camera up in your house~accountability! you are the pack lead~calm and assertive says Cesar!
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 1:43 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Establish order. Tell them one time what you want them to do or not do. If you don't get instant obedience, make them feel the sting of the consequences of disobedience. No woman should be a prisoner in her own home. She should be the Queen Bee. If you are not, you can change that starting today. If you don't have a playpen, get one. Put one in that. Give the child some toys. Come to think of it, you could probably use 2 or maybe 3 of those. Children need to learn to entertain themselves without driving Mom nuts, so put a stop to it and the sooner, the better. Love must be tough. As long as they can be in charge, they are going to keep on doing exactly what they are doing.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:52 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• practice
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 3:42 PM on Jul. 12, 2010