kids going from kindergarten to grade 1...

did your childs kindergarten class have a graduation ceremony for them?? i've heard of a lot of places that do that!! i was so excited for it at the end of the school year, but our school didnt do one for them :( did your school do it for your kids??

alexis_06

Asked by alexis_06 at 1:42 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• no ours doesnt
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 1:46 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• No but her preschool did with little caps and gowns etc. This was in a center though not public. I think public schools just don't have that kind of funding anymore though really it wouldn't take so much. They don't even necessarily need the cap and gown. Just walking through a homemade arch and being presented with a "diploma" and a hug.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 1:45 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Ours doesn't either, but each class has some sort of end of the year party or class performance for the parents to go to. My Kindergartner's was a little play they'd rehearsed, and my 2nd grader's was a Hawaiian luau. I had fun at both!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:49 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Our school does it :) I'm sorry that yours didn't, it's really a nice way to send the kids to 1st grade. Our school also has a 5th grade "graduation" for the kids before going to the middle school.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 1:43 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• No, they don't do it where we are either. They did it for pre-k, but not kindergarten. They did have a year end performance where they sang songs for the parents and then they got little gifts (like sand pails and bubbles), but that was it.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 2:01 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Yep. they sang some songs and then they showed a slid show of pic of all the kids threw out the year ( I tried not to cry lol) and then they got there certificate and had a party.
    snowangel1979

Answer by snowangel1979 at 2:19 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• No, NONE of the school districts here to do that!
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 1:55 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Yes, our kinder grad had a celebration ceremony. They sang songs, got their promotion certificates, and we had a huge pot-like breakfast type deal. We got to see all her work through the years, and got her final report card as well. It was awesome!
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 3:43 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• No, ours doesn't. They don't have a preschool graduation either. :(
    sarahmae3

Answer by sarahmae3 at 4:42 PM on Jul. 12, 2010