Cell Serive Provider Q?

If you have AT&T, have you experienced a lot of dropped calls, or almost nonexistent signal?

They have the largest network coverage, but I have a heck of a time maintaining signal!! And always drop calls! (everyone else that I know with AT&T has the same issue as well- I'm wondering if it is a regional problem, or if you experience it as well)

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 1:43 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Until last September, I had AT&T, and had the same problem.
    The signal bar was usually just barely there, if it was there at all. Calls would just disconnect. It was aggravating as hell!
    You aren't alone!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:44 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I dont personally but one of my friends just switched not even a month ago and he has had nothing but problems with the service.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 1:53 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• wow..a bit surprised by the answers here. i have had AT&T forever, and rarely ever have trouble with coverage. i used to have Cingular, but of course,they changed to AT&T, so i just stayed with them. i'm in the Fort Worth area, but even when i travel to west Texas, i haven't ever dropped a call or lost signal.
    inkydorei

Answer by inkydorei at 2:06 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I don't think I've ever had a dropped call with them. However I had lots of dropped calls with Cellular One. I don't know if it was them or if it was my cell phone. DH never got a dropped call, only me. I think it was my phone and they refused to do anything about it. Oh they took it in and sent it off for repairs supposedly, but the problem continued. They lost us as a customer after our contracts were up and I refuse to ever get a Nokia fun again.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 2:15 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I'm in Illinois and have AT&T. I don't have any problems.
    mama2br00ke

Answer by mama2br00ke at 2:15 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I have had Cingular/AT&T for about 10 years. I currently live in Fort Worth, TX, and I lived in Houston at the beginning of that 10 years. I haven't had problems in either place. The only times I have ever had signal problems were in remote areas of the Texas panhandle and Wyoming, and inside the Mount St. Helens National Monument. When traveling with friends who had other carriers, I noticed I had a signal when they didn't. I have never had a problem with dropped calls, either.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 2:15 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• hmm... it may just be a regional issue. I know several ppl out west who don't have an issue at all. everyone I do who know who does is on the east coast.

Thx
    ObbyDobbie

Comment by ObbyDobbie (original poster) at 3:47 PM on Jul. 12, 2010