Are you superstitious? How early do you tell others that you are...

pregnant (I'm not btw, LOL)?

I admit, I'm very superstitious. My first pregnancy I told everyone (except work) as soon as I found out and I had a miscarriage about a week or so later. With my second pregnancy (that resulted in my son), I waited until almost my 2nd trimester to tell most everybody because I was scared if too many people knew too soon, it would happen again. And I've known others who've told right away and same thing. Not always of course, but still.

So do you wait or do you spring the news immediately?

thatgirl70

Asked by thatgirl70 at 1:50 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• If I ever got pregnant again, I would wait. Not so much to prevent miscarriage or because of superstition, but just in case it happens, I won't have to talk to them twice about it.
    I was on the phone with my mom telling her as soon as the stick grew a line with Ki. The second pregnancy it was the same way and I miscarried at the 15th week or around there.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:52 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Immediately--I would have a panic attack if I kept something like this in! lol
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:52 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I think if you believe it to be true, that it might happen. The mind is more powerful that some realize. I am not superstitious though, i would have told everyone.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:54 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I told everyone right away with the first two... But everyone bitched because they had to wait so long for the pregnancy to finish... With this one I waited til I was about 10 weeks or so...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:54 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• not even a little
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 2:01 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I'm not superstitious but I still waited with my son bc I had 2 miscarriages before. And I just didn't want anyone to be excited when I was scared to death. I told everyone after the first ultrasound with him.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 2:18 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Totally off subject here, but someone asked my hubby the other day if he was superstitious, and he repied "no, I'm only a little stitious"!!! I laughed SOOO hard!!!
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 2:53 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• hubby told everyone right await but i only told my mom
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 3:18 PM on Jul. 12, 2010