How soon did ur SO date after divorce?

My ex-hubs and I split over Memorial. Divorce finalized on June 22. Just learned that he had started dating exclusively. How soon did you or your exspouse after getting divorce. I'm just curious cuz I'm sitting here thinking dating won't happen for me for at least 3-6 months.

Walker101

Asked by Walker101 at 1:53 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• I've been divorce 2 times. The first time I was 20, we were 10 months separated when I met a nice guy in college, we had kind of a summer relationship. When my ex separated me, he already had a girlfriend who later on became his wife. I got divorce 2 years after being separated, I wanted to really go on with my life. The second time, I was married for 4 years separated for about 6 months before getting divorce and I dated someone about 5 months after my divorce.
    Some "experts" in these matters recommend to wait to date about a year after getting a divorce. I believe healing is crucial to begin a healthy relationship. Even thou i didn't follow this, neither know it at the time, none of my relationships work out for good until 10 years after my last divorce. You have to ask yorself why dating, why now, and what quality of person are you seeking. It is always good to develop friendships regardless, (avoid bars!)
    roxipoet

Answer by roxipoet at 2:30 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• When me and my ex split up, he started dating a girl 2 weeks after we separated. We had not even filed for divorce yet.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 1:56 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Well we weren't married, but we were together for 8 years--& he was dating about 4 years BEFORE we split..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:56 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• My first hubby was dating BEFORE I was ever served with divorce papers!
    Sarasmoonflower

Answer by Sarasmoonflower at 1:58 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• My SO started dating when he and his now ex wife were separated. She asked for a divorce, there was waiting period, so he dated.

I met my SO a week after my last relationship ended. I think it's a very personal thing. Some people want to get right back on the horse and date. Others need some time to process. I think for someone who has mentally checked out of a relationship prior to the actual breakup it's probably easier than for the one who got "left" if you will but still wanted the relationship to work.

When my fiance dumped me (after getting a chick pregnant and marrying her while I was working overseas!!) I was seriously distraught. I had to process a bit. I tried to date, but it was miserable. So I just gave myself a break and did the single thing for awhile.
    BuddyRoo

Answer by BuddyRoo at 2:07 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• My ex started dating 2weeks before the divorce was finalized, I waited till the weekend after it was finalized. However it depends on the divorce. We both knew it was over, had gone to marriage counseling and done what we could to work things out, and it just was not happening. We were already over things by the time we seperated we didnt need time to "recover" or whatever. If its an emotional divorce where one person just up and leaves, or something crazy happens, I would think it would take longer to get over things and get to where you are ready to date or have a relationship
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 2:24 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• My x dated BEFORE the divorce! Men tend to not like being alone so they hook up quickly. Women on the other hand seem to like to process what happened and take time to regroup and see where she wants to go. Women tend to be picky and want a relationship, too. Men sometimes are content with anyone bc it's a rebound (and usually just a booty call thing). I'm talking starting over, I'm not talking about men who cheated and already started a real relationship with another woman.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:26 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I dated right away after I split from my ex. However, my current husband I met a year after splitting with my ex. So the first few people I dated I didn't feel serious about.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 3:53 PM on Jul. 12, 2010