6 & 3 yr old girls destroying bedroom......... HELP!!

oK both of my girls have plenty to do during the day and I buy arts/crafts stuff for them and they would prefer to jus simply tear things up. They do have a 4mo old brother who obviously requires more attention right now but I still try to balance all 3 of them and housework along with makin sure all get their kisses n hugs so no one is left out. Since school has been out its gotten worse, the two girls have ripped wallpaper almost completly off one wall in their bedrm, they have broke our toilet from sticking all kinds of things down it, they mark & color all over everything including my white car! They will not pick up after themselves even wen they do get timeouts it doesnt seem to matter to them. I am at a loss on what im doin wrong or not doin enough of? Please any suggestions?

Mz_Momm25

Asked by Mz_Momm25 at 1:54 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• Honestly, if this is how they want to act and treat their stuff.....take it all away! Buy some totes and pack it all up and let them earn it back with good behavior....one piece at a time. Strip their bedroom down to just their beds. Don't replace the wall paper, but definitely make them clean all the stuff they colored on. You may be preoccupied with the baby and they may have a lot of free time on their hands and they may be doing this out of boredom, but it is completely unacceptable and you need to show them that you will not put up with it, hence taking away everything but their beds. Do activities with them, just don't let them have free access to their stuff. Like when you want them to color, take the crayons and coloring books out, let them color at the table and when they are done, pack it back up.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 1:59 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• calm and assertive~they can do better than that. they have to "do the rules" to keep the house livable! Get them on board with that magically Disney voice~game at it, they will know it, but they have to find another way to play and clearly they aren't making good choices on their own, so your choices are how it is going to go.

I make my kids run if they are not cooperating...out to the back yard and give me 5 laps!
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 2:02 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• You don't mention how you are disciplining them. Personally, I'd give them both a good spanking, take all their stuff away, And make them clean/repair everything they have trashed. There is no excuse for their behavior.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 2:24 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• i would do what the first person said. also if they want to rip off the wallpaper, make them clean the walls underneath it too.
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 5:48 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• And whatever you do, be as consistent as possible!
    bLoverlyLiz

Answer by bLoverlyLiz at 7:25 PM on Jul. 12, 2010