I'm about to lose it!

my daughter is 20 months old and she is a horrible sleeper and always has been. Right now she starts off in her crib then wakes up a couple hours later and we cosleep... but it's not working well. she's up and down all night and so are me and my husband. I tried having her sleep in her own mattress in our room but she's not having it. I'm about to lose it. All of my friends kids sleep great! Should I just put her in her crib and let her cry? I feel bad but no one is getting any sleep around here!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Id cosleep her all night if its that bad, she might just need to be with you. Then again I pretty much still cosleep all three of mine.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 1:59 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• If you find an answer let me know. My 3 yr old refuses 2 go 2 his bed. When he falls asleep I put him in his bed & an hr later he's back in my bed. He also has night terrors so sleep is rare for DH & me
    ajmfmommy

Answer by ajmfmommy at 2:03 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• i know it might sound mean but u should let her cry until she falls a sleep i had to do this with my son and heis fine
    once u do this she should be okay in a week
    kyg

Answer by kyg at 2:06 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• we have the same prob, we have tried letting our son cry it out and he cried for an hour one night to the point it seemed like he was starting to hyperventalate thats when we said no more we'll just deal w him in our bed. as he is starting to get older he sleeps a lil better in the crib but not much. i guess it'll come in time im sorry i have not advice to give you but you are not alone!
    cleo2582

Answer by cleo2582 at 2:37 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• crying it out is not mean, it teaches the child that your will power is much stronger than theres. Sounds like she is testing you mommma. She knows that if she wakes up and cries you will come get her...your best bet is to let her cry it out for 5-10 min at a time...peek in and check on her w/o her seeing you. This could go on for an hr or more but if you stick to it, you will soon have a toddler sleeping through the night. Good luck..it will be very hard at first on her and you but hang in there.

leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 3:14 PM on Jul. 12, 2010