can a mom be friends with a single girl with no kids ?

this girl thats goes to my church is the same age as me she diched me twice
i feel like cuz i have two kids she would rather not deal with it cause i can't jus go somewhere like she can i have to plan things out we were staying at a hotel together and i thought her mother was goin to watch my kids but they were invited to go somwhere so they were like do u want to stay at the hotel with ue kids are jus go with her mother and dad as in be the only 20 year old around 50 year old something people so i went with her mom and dad
last time she did this it was me and her and there wasn't anyroom in her friends car so i got stuck with her parents again i don't own a car what should i do i known her for about 3 years but i really don't know if she is my friend or not

kyg

Asked by kyg at 1:59 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm a single gal no kids and pretty much all of my friends have kids. Maybe your "friend" isn't capable, but there's no rule that states people with kids can't be friends with single/non parents.
    BuddyRoo

Answer by BuddyRoo at 2:01 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Two of my BEYOND BEST friends are without children... Although one just got married and the other is engaged... If you fit as friends, factors like kids and husbands don't matter.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:01 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I feel like I am the opposite with my single no kids friend. She can make plans and stick with them, I am always late due to diapers or dragging feet kids or canceling for sick kids.

I would tell her how you feel and put the ball in her court to make time for you and pursue the friendship.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 2:02 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Some of my close friends don't have kids and they would never treat me like that.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 2:05 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• My bestfriend is a married(about a month ago) with NO kids. We love hanging out,,,even if I bring my son at times.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 2:09 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• It definitely depends on the person. Her situation and your situation colliding is just a piss poor excuse on her part IMO. When I was single without kids, I had plenty of friends that were married with kids and I never pulled that crap on them. I would feel like a crappy friend if I did.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 2:09 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• My best friends don't have kids yet and there haven't been any problems with it. She just sounds like a flake and I wouldn't want to bother being friends with her anyway.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:09 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I've been a single mom with kids and I had different kind of friends, some single some married without kids and others like me. For any mother regardless of status, when we are loving mothers we care first for our children. Our true friends will accept our reality and will be willing even to help if possible. Over the years those have been the friendships that survived time, ups and downs, weddings, separations, divorce, new partners, distance. I'm so grateful to have such friends, they have been so important to me...i can only hope I have been as much of a blessing as they have been to me! I hope you'll develop such friendships and if this single girlfriend relationship does not work out, keep trying! We might have people in our life to share casual greetings, or doctor office chats, people we talk to because of their expertise and others that truelly become our friends for life!
    roxipoet

Answer by roxipoet at 2:14 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Yes i have a couple of very good friends that are single and have no kids .
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 4:35 PM on Jul. 12, 2010