What's the nicest thing someone has done for you?

You can name more than one thing if it applies. :)

I can only think of one thing right now, but I know it probably isn't the only one. A few years ago, my MIL (not at the time however) and I worked for the same store. She helped get me the job. Things were going ok there for awhile, but then my boss started acting like a major jerk to me. It went on for months. He was trying to get me to quit (I honestly don't know why) by making my experience there miserable. But we needed the money and I couldn't afford to just quit like that. Eventually he just gave up and fired me.

My MIL (who was his assistant manager) told him off for the way he had treated me and for firing me (she tried for weeks to get him to stop) and she quit the same day. She quit for me, who she didn't even think was good enough for her son at the time.

She and I have clashed over the years, but that was one of the nicest things she's done for me.

thatgirl70

Asked by thatgirl70 at 2:03 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• When my DH and I started dating, my little boy wanted a Yorkie so bad he could not stand it. I did not have the money to get one at all. My now DH, went out and bought him one, and surprised us both with it when he showed up to pick us up for our "date" that weekend.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 2:06 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• a social worker dropped off a pint of Vanilla Swiss Almond her way home from work~just cause she new I liked it and couldn't get out of the house~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 2:06 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• About 5 years ago I was going through a rough patch financially and my car got repoed over the last payment that I just couldnt make..all I owed on the car was $300.00...but with the repo fee it came to $630.00
    A friend of mine had come by to see me and found me crying about 1/2 hour after they took my car. WIthout hesitation, he took me down there and paid the entire amount and never asked for a dime in return.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:06 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• On Thanksgiving when Ki was only 7 months old, I was trying to go to my aunt's house and got hopelessly lost. After asking for directions from several people and getting two doors slammed in my face, I stopped at this lady's house. She invited us in while she called her husband for the directions to the road I needed. She offered us a drink, sat at her kitchen table and talked to us. She was so nice. The only way to get there from her home was so confusing, so after getting half the directions from us, she gave the phone to her son and he got the directions then led us there.
    I was so happy! I mean, I was so lost, I was scared, had no idea where I was, had no phone at the time to call anyone, I didn't even know how to get back home I was so lost.
    She and her whole family were awesome! That was by far the nicest thing anyone has done for me and my family. :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:08 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I really sadly cannot think of one :(
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:11 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Last year i was thinking about trading my car in for a new one- my husband kept trying to talk me out of it & i couldn't understand why; then a few days later he drove up in a brand new mustang that was Silver & Pink! It is a limited edition for Breast Cancer- He wanted me to wait b/c it hadn't been delivered yet!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 3:21 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Oh yeah, what was bad is that sometimes I didn't have a way to work because DH (then bf) had to go in early and we only had one car (and this town is so small it doesn't have a bus system), so my boss would come and get me. Nothing worse than having to share a vehicle with someone who is trying to make your life a living hell.
    thatgirl70

Comment by thatgirl70 (original poster) at 2:03 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I can't believe I forgot this...for my son's first Halloween, I wanted to dress him up. I ordered him a costume from an online store. Then about 2 days before Halloween I got a message from the owner saying that she didn't get her supply in from the merchandiser and was unable to fulfill orders. I was so bummed. A friend online offered to let me borrow her son's costume that she had saved from when he was a baby. I was so happy about that. Well, my poor little guy got sick anyway (not that I would have taken him out even if he wasn't), so I dressed him in it, shot a few pictures and took it off. I at least have the memory of getting to see him dressed for his first Halloween. I washed the costume and then mailed it back to my friend afterward.
    thatgirl70

Comment by thatgirl70 (original poster) at 2:43 PM on Jul. 13, 2010