How to manage my time

i am a stay at home mom with three kids 6,4, and 9 mo i dont' sleep at night but i am soo tired that i just lay in the bad, so my best sleep is from 5 in the morning to 10 or 11. by that time i have to clean up the mess my older ones made from breakfast, and fix lunch and do laundry ect. i am trying to run a business but fail because i can't manage my time. Please anyone help me to use my time better. i WANT to be a good housekeeper and business owner. I just feel so bad that ny hubby does the dishes. I should have done it but i am just ssooo tired i CAn't get up and move around... i take it back i can do it its just at 7 at night when he is home and wants my attention. thank you for all your help

Cajuntexan03

Asked by Cajuntexan03 at 2:22 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• Delegating chores to hubby should not make you feel bad, he is part of this partnership, isn't he??? Maybe making yourself a schedule for the day might help.

Answer by older at 2:27 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• First, visit your doctor for a thorough check up. Then, give all the time in your day to specific things... i.e. from 10:-11: pick up stuff left around the house, from 11:00-11:30 put a load of laundry in the washer, etc. If you name a task for each hour, you will know what you have to do and when you have to do it. Remember to give yourself time for you and your children. Just map out your day and work within the confines of that schedule.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 2:30 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I used to make myself a schedule of "things to do" on the dry erase board on my refrigerator...it's easy to fall into a "slump" when you have lots of time, and you're tired. Curiously enough, when you're tired, and you force yourself to get busy, you end up finding yourslef with more energy!

Start with a chore that you don;t mind doing, instead of one that you dread. And then check it off your list! That's a motivator in itself!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:31 PM on Jul. 12, 2010