Did you ever think you would get a break?

I always heard other moms say that there newborn babys slept all through the night and I never believed them lol cause my baby didnt go to sleep till 5 am!! I was a walking zombie with my first child and I would litterally only get 3 or 4 hrs of sleep a day for the first three months. But then came my baby girl 3 months ago and I guess god thought I deserved a break because she has been sleeping anywhere from 5-7 1/2 hrs a night since she was almost 2 months! But boy is she ready to nurse when she wakes up lol! And even befor that she would sleep every 3 hrs and wake up to eat and then go right back to bed. Im almost thinking that not only was my son not a good sleeper but allot of it was because I was a first time mom and I wasnt fully comfortable yet being a parent. How did I get so lucky this time round lol I love it!

LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Asked by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 2:30 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Your break will come sooner than you think, and that is when they become adults!

Answer by older at 2:33 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• My daughter was (and still is) a great sleeper. I think its mostly because of my firm belief in NOT co-sleeping. She was in her own crib, in her own room and she slept through the night at 3 months. And I don't remember having to get up more than 3 times a night when she was a newborn...but maybe that's just part of the wonderful amnesia moms get when it comes to remembering how AWFUL labor, delivery, and newborns are lol.
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 2:36 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• It is really nice when they sleep though the night. I'm very happy mine does, even though on occasion I am thrown a curve ball. Enjoy every minute of it cause it wont last forever. :)
    fireundertheice

Answer by fireundertheice at 2:38 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Aww I dont want that kind of break, I love being a mom and dont even want to think about them being adults yet. Im holding on to every minute I have with my babys cause we all know how quick they grow. We will have lots of time togeather since I will be homeschooling which Im very fortunate to be able to do that for them.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Comment by LANDENSMOMMYlmk (original poster) at 2:38 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Yeah we dont co sleep even though I would love too but big brother did and still does. Im scared to put her in bed with us cause hes a wild sleeper. Dont get me wrong I still love waking up and spending that time with her when she does wake in the middle of the night but Im just so thankful that she goes right back to sleep lol, I really needed a break.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Comment by LANDENSMOMMYlmk (original poster) at 2:41 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• both mine were the same. pretty average
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 2:56 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• It changes a lot in the first year. Sleep while you can while it lasts. Your son was a good normal sleeper to, he just wasn't synched to the sleep schedule you were used to. Some babies have opposite sleep cycles. It's not good or bad, just doesn't match a modern life with clocks.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 3:10 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Go throw salt over your shoulder...the gods laugh when they read posts like this! **grin**

I'm still waiting for a break, and mine turns eleven in August. Eleven years, that is. It never ends!

Answer by gdiamante at 10:15 PM on Jul. 12, 2010