Is rectum pain normal in Pregnancy?

With my first pregnancy I didn't have rectum pain, but after I gave birth to my daughter I started getting pains in my rectum during my periods only (sharp pressure pains). Doctors never could tell me what it is and it's been 2 years now, but it stopped once I got pregnant with my 2nd baby. Now that I am 8 mths and there is a lot of pressure, I'm feeling a lot of the same pressure in my rectum again and I was wondering if that's normal and if any one else has had rectum pain during pregnancy??

Blessedmama23

Asked by Blessedmama23 at 2:37 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My sister did and found out it was hemmroids . ??????
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 2:45 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I had pressure. Not sure I would classify it as pain. But I can say sometimes at the end when I pooped it was horrible. One time (I was in the hospital a month at the end with my last baby) I had to go and it wasn't coming out....That little guy sat on my bowels something aweful in that pregnancy, well, let's just say I was in tears for a while and almost called the nurse for an enema. It was terrible, so I would say it could happen. Sorry that was pretty graffic.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:48 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• That's what I thought too, but when they told me I had a hemmroid they told me thats not what would cause the pain I'm getting. But I think they are wrong, cause I never had this pain until after I gave birth and I never had a hemmroid till then either, and it only makes sense to me. Thank you!
    Blessedmama23

Comment by Blessedmama23 (original poster) at 2:48 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• No that helps! I just know I'd feel better knowing I'm not the only one with pain down there, cause it is embarrassing to talk about, but I don't want to ignore it! And ya, that's when its the worse for me as well, is when I have to go to the bathroom or when there just seems to be a lot of pressure, whether its the baby or being constipated, it just hurts! Thank you for your comment!
    Blessedmama23

Comment by Blessedmama23 (original poster) at 2:53 PM on Jul. 12, 2010