How do you cook asparagus?

I've never cooked asparagus before.

SolaraDarkset

Asked by SolaraDarkset at 2:40 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Snap off the bottoms (It will break where the woody part ends), toss it in a pan with some olive oil, crushed garlic, a little salt and any herb you like- sautee until tender crisp. Mmm.... now I want asparagus!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:45 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I cut off the bottom 3" or so and then toss them with olive oil and put onto a baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and roast at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. There have been nights this has been my only dinner - entirely by choice. So good.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:47 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I cut the ends off, they aren't very good, the bottom end. Then I steam them. Not for very long or they will get mushy. Just maybe a few minutes. After a few minutes, eat one and see if it is to your liking. If you don't have a steamer attachment for one of your pots, just put a little water in a pan with the lid and shake the pan around every minute or so. That's how I steamed things until I got a pot that had the steamer part with it.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:43 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• we just wrap it in tinfoil and throw in some margarine and natures seasoning and put in the oven or on the barbeque with the meats. only takes 15 minutes and with no water all the flavor just soakes in.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 2:47 PM on Jul. 12, 2010