He says hes one of the most Secure guys around----

So my Significant other tells me that he is one of the most secure guys around.. What are your thoughts on that?
I told him I think he is that way because he never fully lets anyone in.. is that an accurate assumption?

I mean he doesnt let anyone fully in- He will never fully give him self to anyone.. he is to scared to get hurt for that.

He is a very confident person in general.. he is 39 and I am 24 we have been together for quite sometime and get along great. But I just think its a bit odd.. your opinions please

MommySteph1011

Asked by MommySteph1011 at 2:54 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• in my experience, any man that says, "i'm different" is just like all the rest. lol. sad.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 2:56 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• When I think of a guy being secure I think of a guy that doesn't get jealous, doesn't get threatened my dumb things, and doesn't always have something to prove. Basically he's confidant, and mature... I don't think that has anything to do with not letting someone in... in-fact I think a guy that doesn't let people in is insecure.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:57 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• His confidence probably comes from the fact he has you, a 24 year old who loves him.
    My Husband is 47 and I am 33, he always says that I am a baby compared to him. I used to get mad but now I don't. I am used to it.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 2:58 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I was going to say what Blueliner said, but she beat me to it ;-)
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 2:58 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• This is a defense mechanism that he seems to be using to protect himself from getting hurt by you. I think he has let you in more than you think...he sounds like a pretty sensitive guy so let him know that you are there for him, if you are and maybe this will let him put his guard down a little.
    HuskerMommy08

Answer by HuskerMommy08 at 2:59 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Are you my daughter? Seriously my dd is 24 in a relationship with a 39 s.o. and always looking for something to go wrong, something just not "right". Relax! You don't need to analyze everything about your man, he sounds great.
    smokeybear

Answer by smokeybear at 4:02 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• At the risk of sounding like your mother...that is a big age difference. Speaking as a 43 yr old there is a huge difference between my and my 24 yr old son. I would be very careful to go slow with this relationship. He sounds either selfish or emotionally constipated to me.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:41 PM on Jul. 12, 2010