Always feeling...

pressured to do stuff I'm not particularly comfortable with.
DH has had a trip planned and paid for for a couple years. I just happened to get pregnant and the due date lands RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE of this trip. It's from the 20th of July to the 5 of August and I'm due the 29th. The doctor said we schedule C sections usually for 39wks which would be the 22nd and so we pushed it back to the 29th so DH could go on his vacation and come back a little early for delivery. Ever since then he's been pressuring me and hinting to me to push it back again to the 22nd so he can leave a day later, while i'm still in the hospital, and go on his trip. I'm hurt that he could just leave a day or two or even 2 weeks after the baby's here. I'm pissed because when I tell him he's making me feel guilty about all this he tells me he's not trying to make me feel guilty etc. All he's worried about is being there for a longer period of time...cont...

CAGirl4

Asked by CAGirl4 at 2:59 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• Your question is more than a question... It is a cry for help! I don't think this forum will be enough but I'll try to share my 2 cents hoping somehow, it will help!
    Your husband should do some research and learn how important are those last weeks of pregnancy for the baby's develoment, especially the lungs! I had to have 2 c-sections and in both cases I went as far as the babies stayed in my womb. The first one was a surprise, baby decided to sit! and our last baby had to come by C, she decided to arrived 4 days before the scheduled C-section.
    Sometimes individuals do not realize the cost of thinking about their own desires, first. Love thinks about the other persons needs first!
    Share 1 Corinthians 13 from the Bible with your family. That is God's love and should be our goal. Meanwhile remember God will be with you all the time, He'll never leave you, rely on this!!!
    Cast all your cares upon God, hugs!
    roxipoet

Answer by roxipoet at 4:05 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I told him this and all he says is that he said it would probably be better since i'm in a lot of pain. I am in a lot of pain, but I can last til 40 weeks. I thought we had this set for the due date and he keeps wanting me to push it up to the 22nd of this month.
    I gave in. I was so tired at his hinting and his guilt trips. Like I said, I'm SO hurt he's leaving a couple days after the baby's here. Part of me doesn't even care if he's here. Meanwhile his parents and my parents will be taking care of me, our children and everything while he's gone on his trip. Yay for me. PS he starts Nursing school at the end of August, so he'll be home all of 2 weeks before he has to hit the books again for the fall semester.
    CAGirl4

Comment by CAGirl4 (original poster) at 3:06 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I'm sorry you are feeling this way. I can't imagine him leaving right after the birth of your baby, thank God you do have parents to care for you. Hang in there! (((hugs))) BTW - I really didn't read a question to answer.
    smokeybear

Answer by smokeybear at 3:54 PM on Jul. 12, 2010