Does having kids lower her sex drive?

Cassandre

Asked by Cassandre at 3:15 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• It doesn't directly lower it. The results of having a baby ie: being, tired, lack of sleep, sick babies all play a big part. I think partners who don't step up to help play a big part too. I was always lucky that way. My husband would throw a load of laundry in..or pick up toys, cook a meal, clean a bathroom..just to relieve some stress for me. I wish all women had that. I know they don't, and I realize I was/am lucky.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:23 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• no I do not believe it does but you will not have as many opportunities.
    karglynn

Answer by karglynn at 3:17 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I don't think having children lowers it i just think that most mommas are so tired that having sex is the last thing on there brain at least it is for me. I work 40-45 hours a week and have a 2yrs old that I want to see as much as possible when I am not at work. So having sex is most of the time the last thing on my brain but hey if my hubby wants it at 2am then i am up for that before i have to get out of bed for work.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:25 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Sex drive can change for a variety of reasons. One might be a pregnancy or after having a child, while nursing or after weaning our baby. This happens because of the hormone changes during those times. It might also happen to those without children during their menstrual cycle for the same reason, hormone changes and to women during their mature years facing pre-menopause and later menopause. sometimes dryness ocurrs when nursing and when facing menopause. We can consult our OB as there are options for these situations.
    Other situations that can affect our sex drive: sleepless nights, anxiety, sickness, some might be related to the changes when we become mothers or a combination of events. Love, respect and understanding while sharing with our partner when facing our low moments in terms of sex drive can make a huge difference. I know that for the guys it seems it requires too much effort, too much patience, worth try!
    roxipoet

Answer by roxipoet at 3:26 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Nope. I don't believe it does.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:36 PM on Jul. 12, 2010