I don't understand why nap is so easy but bedtime is so hard for my 18 month old

Everyday nap time comes so easily...but bedtime at night is a fight. I follow our daily routines both nap time and bed time and have since he was an infant but for some reason bedtime takes us almost an hour to finally get him to lay down. Nothing has changed, so I am not sure whats going on? He has a night light and I put him down when he shows signs that he is truely tired, but i don't wait til he is too tired. Any ideas why he is doing this? Is this just a phase maybe?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My boys are the same way and they're 18 months....They cry going up the stairs cause they know that's where we're headed! lol I think it's....."you already put me up here once today to go to sleep....why are we going AGAIN?!" lol
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 3:25 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I think they are more tired at the end of the day and need more time to unwind. They can't unwind like we do so they get fussy and are probably a bit on overload.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:32 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Maybe start cutting back on the naps during the day.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 3:37 PM on Jul. 12, 2010