Are you anal about your baby/kids toys?

What I mean is, do you keep things together? I am crazy obsessive about it. I keep all the things that go to a specific toy with that toy. At the end of the day I make sure all the parts are with it's correct toy. I can't stand a big jumbled mess. Plus, they do learn how to play with the toy the way it is intended to be, by showing them of course.

2BlondeBabies

Asked by 2BlondeBabies at 3:26 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yep, seiously anal about it. I've found that clear bins are my best friend. Shoe box size on up. They stack neatly the kids can see what they have and the house rule is only 2 bins open at a time. It makes me crazy to go to someones house and they have expensive toys that have no pieces that belong with it. I think it teaches kids to respect their things too.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:34 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• lol funny you mention because it drive me nuts that all the pieces are everywehre around the house, but i dont have time to keep them together.
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 3:28 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• We've got so many toys i'd go insane. I WISH I could get them organized and have them stay that way, but it never happens so I just don't do it.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 3:27 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• It bugs me a little, but she's a lot worse about it than I am. She keeps all her games together in their boxes, she has a tote for dress up stuff, a tote for purses, a tote for dolls, another box for random toys (which are sorted in other boxes and bags) and a big bucket and bag for art stuff.
    Her room looks messy, but it's an organized mess. :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:30 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• no i pick my battles when it comes to that stuff. housework is repetitive enough without adding to it.

karglynn

Answer by karglynn at 3:36 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• i have a place for everything. I don't care how he plays with them. I don't really check his room every single day anymore either BUT when i do go in his room and i do see a mess i let him know that "this doesnt belong here and that doesnt belong there" and i want to see the toys put back where they belong. I tell him if he can't keep things neet and in order and if i find stuff broken or if i find his nice toys crambed somewhere i will not buy anymore!
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:37 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• To clarify...I AM anal about it but I don't do the picking up. THEY do. They get it out, they put it up.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:40 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I am. But I'm anal about everything! I drive my DH NUTS! My DD is now very particular about not getting dirty, sticky, avoiding bugs, and keeping her toys neat/unbroken. I joke that I hope she doesn't grow up with some kind of complex... But it really does concern me that my being so anal might be taking a bit of fun out of being a kid. I'm working on it ;-)
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 4:08 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• No, not at all. They have a toybox, as long as I'm not stepping on the stuff, I'm cool.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:04 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• as long as they are in the toy box i don't care
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:13 PM on Jul. 12, 2010