How do you manage family, work and me time?

Every day seems to consist of work and home. I enjoy been home but it just seems like I'm working to pay bills and I'm not enjoying life. I'm tired of the routine of go to work, come home take care of the house and get ready to for the next day and the cycle just keeps on going. It's seem like there's no time do do anything or when the time comes I'm too tired to wanna do anything.

Cassandre

Asked by Cassandre at 3:28 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• For the short time that I worked after we had children, there was no me time. In fact, there was no me time when I stayed home with them either. Now that they are grown, I have lots of me time. I think it's called delayed gratifcation.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:41 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• My whole life is my family and I also work outside the home so I go to work at 4-5 am and I am home by 2-4pm and then I play with my LO and make supper and then play for a bit bath, book, bed time i am asleep most nights by 9pm My DD is asleep by 845pm she goes to bed by 8pm.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:40 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I feel like that way too often and after years of feeling like this I left my family. I needed the space, there's a ton more to that story but some things I've learned to help me cope are: requiring the children/husband/SO to have chores and do them, even if they're small you'll feel less overwhelmed, if you haven't already look for quick easy meals so you aren't wasting time cooking for an hour, don't fret so much over housework, clean up to make it liveable not spotless...who really cares if all the dishes are done every night. Even if it is only 15 minutes in the evening, take it for yourself - read, go for a walk, take a bath, whatever it is you like to do. Set aside time once a week or every other week where you get me time, an hour after work to get your nails done, or spend dinner with friends. You're entitled to have time for yourself and you need it. :)
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 3:40 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I struggle with it too. I still have my house but I stay at SO's the majority of the time. That means that each day, I get up in the a.m., drive 30 min to my house, drop off dog, get ready for work, and head to the office. At the end of the day, I drive home (20 min), get dog, go to grocery store, drive 30 min to SO's, make dinner, do whatever stuff needs to be done there. On the weekends, I usually run home at least one day to mow, do laundry at my house, clean, etc. I have a horse that I hardly get to see anymore because there's just no TIME. I am trying to find a better schedule for myself as well. So I'll be looking forward to seeing other answers.
    BuddyRoo

Answer by BuddyRoo at 3:48 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I have a 14 year old daughter, a full time job and married for 8 months. I think the only "me time" is when I'm asleep. But then I get up a 5 am everyday so I don't get a lot of it.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 3:48 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I have a 2 yo and I babysit 3 eventing a week for an 18 mo. I have me time in the morning when I get up and after 8 p.m. when my LO is asleep. Both my SO and I work from home and we are in our own separate offices. We both go out once a week to hand with friends separately.
    coala

Answer by coala at 3:53 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I feel the same way, but agree with NannyB, delayed gratification. I do try to get some "me" time during my lunch breaks, though...a few pages from my favorite book is about all the time I get!
    mybratsmom

Answer by mybratsmom at 5:47 PM on Jul. 12, 2010