if my dh wants to have a friend over but im feeling very depressed and dont want to deal

with company...im on my period.. im in a very low place today . does that make me a bitch.. if i have company i would like to at least feel pulled together.. and my house picked up.. but my house is a mess i look like crap ... i feel like crap and most of all i dnt want to have to put a fake happy face on.. does this make me a bitch

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• not at all

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:33 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Not at all. And your husband should respect your wishes. Perhaps you could set a different date when you anticipate that you be feeling better. If the friend is only in town for a day or so, then your husband and the friend could go out on their own.

Answer by Bmat at 3:34 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• No, not at all. I have those days too and the last thing I want is someone else there that I feel like I have to "entertain" in any way.
    I could be feeling 100% physically but if my house is a mess I don't want anyone to come over and see it.

If your husband wants to see his friends then they can go out somewhere so you're not put out.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 3:36 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Not at all.
    If it's just a buddy of his, just make sure there's no dog crap on the floor, take a book to the bedroom and have some you time and let his friend come over and let them handle the kids while visiting.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:36 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Might be a good day to let your husband have his friend over and you retire to your bedroom. Let him entertain his friend. If he agrees to having company with the house less than perfect, then I would not worry about it. He can just tell his friend that you aren't feeling well, so it will just be the two of them. They might actually enjoy the guy time.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:39 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I would tell them that you are not feeling well & watch movies in your room while they hang out. Just because he is having a friend over does not mean you have to entertain them.

Or, you can ask your DH to go out instead, maybe they can go out to eat or something. Or have your DH re-schedule.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:39 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• We are not perfect i would tell your hubby if you want someone over tonight then that is on you. I am getting the kid/s settled and in bed then I am going to bed I don't feel well and I am just not in the mood to deal with anyone. Maybe make plans for another night. I would just tell your Hubby what you told us.

By the way you are far from being a bitch.................YOUR HUMAN.................................................LOL
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:44 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Have you been feeling this way for awhile? If it were just today, then I'd ask hubby to please meet his friend elsewhere as I'm not feeling well. But if this is a recurrent issue--you feeling this way--I'd ask him to meet his friend elsewhere, but I'd also see your doctor.

Big picture, it's his house too and he should be able to have company (within reason)...so if you're feeling this way a lot, then I'd work on addressing the issue. In the meantime, there's nothing wrong with not wanting company.
    BuddyRoo

Answer by BuddyRoo at 3:44 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• If it were me and I did not feel up to company I would talk to my hubs and tell him that I was not feeling up to company. I would give him choices on what he wanted to do and leave it up to him-- either reschedule the friend's visit to another day, have the friend meet him somewhere else and visit, or have hubby pick up the house and just the 2 of them visit while I go to my room and rest. I would hate for my hubs to miss out on 'guy time' because of me, so I would be ok with him having the friend over.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:03 PM on Jul. 12, 2010