Does anyone out there know of Charity Services that can help pay a 1000 utility bill??? i have 4 children, and was only able to work a part time job which is why the bill is so high. I can only afford to pay rent,and have since been stuck living with my parents in their crowded house, with my four children, and not able to return home because of this.........i need some answer, Sincerly......At My Wits!!!!!!

I have a son that has chronic asthma, and even got a doctors notice from his pulmonary specialist asking the light company to leave on the electric, because he uses his breathing machine often. Ive even went to The American Red Cross for help, and they told me that if i could pay $500 of the bill, then they would pay (guess) 90 peazzly dollars.......this is an outrage!!!!!

Ty4274

Asked by Ty4274 at 3:44 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Money & Work

• All I know to do is call your local welfare office and ask for help.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 3:44 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Foung this for you

http://nhl.gov/local/ks/renting/energyprgms.cfm

Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 3:46 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I still don't know why you have a 1k bill....that's just for electric/gas or what? I don't see how having 4 kids has anything to do with it, or because your only a part time worker, it's so high...?
    I don't know of anyone that could help you besides setting up a payment plan with the electric company.
    Is your bill usually that high?
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 3:46 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• oops found lol not foung I checked your profile page and saw you are from Kansas...thats how I knew to look for there.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 3:47 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• try the catholic social services in your area
    karglynn

Answer by karglynn at 3:47 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• If you call the utility company, they may be able to set up a budget plan with you. I can't really make much sense of your post, but that is my advice.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 3:48 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• It's probably a few months behind which is why it's so high CAGirl ... I think that's how everything is relevant. Talk to the electric company and set up a payment plan with them to catch up and then see if they offer a set payment each month (I know ours does and during the summer months it saves us a ton because regardless of how much you use, it is always the same amount)
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 3:49 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• IDK, that's insane. I have 5 kids, a husband and 3 dogs and my electric bill in the summer is around 170 / month. We turn off lights and run the a/c as little as possible and we live in Texas. The only thing I can tell you is save your money while your living with your parents. If you have anything to sell I would sell it (old kids clothes, stereo, etc....), go to local churches, maybe you can get enough from several different places (not just one) that with all the money combined will pay your bill.

youngmom33

Answer by youngmom33 at 3:50 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• So hit all the churches in your area if you can get $90 from the red cross a $100 from one church and some more here and there so on and so forth call the welfare office you can get shit turned on with in a day or two hit the bricks and get to places people with help if you put your foot out there. I am not trying to be a bitch momma I have been there.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:53 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Call the churches, but also call the utility companies. I don't understand why you have $1000 utility bill, how long has this been going on? Call the companies and find out if they can help.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 3:58 PM on Jul. 12, 2010