What is one of the cutest things your child has ever done?

My son was a couple of years old and he heard the phone ring. I had bought a cordless for safety reasons. He went over to the phone, picked it up, said came running into the bathroom saying "here mommy" and then it kind of ended up in the tub. I know this story has a downside. I know you are thinking. Oh boy there goes that phone. It won't work anymore. Yup, that's kind of what happened. But he was so excited for answering the phone for me.

CafeMochaMom1

Asked by CafeMochaMom1 at 3:55 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter (who is 5) went fishing for the first time this summer. I had just gotten done putting a worm on her hook and walked over to help my oldest son put his on when she starts screaming and crying. I look over and say ask her what's wrong. With tears streaming down her face she screams at the top of her lungs that she caught a fish........huh? Why are you crying I ask her. She then throws her fishing pole and runs up the hill screaming the entire way that it's a shark and it's going to eat her!! My DH picks up her pole and reels it in.......it's a 4 inch long fish. She wouldn't come anywhere near the lake after that. Later when the older gentleman and his son that were near us decided to leave he came over to thank us for giving him the best laugh that he's had in years!
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 4:03 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• One of my daughter's nicknames is Keebler. I call her that a lot. One day, we were in Walmart and I called her that and some strange woman came up to me and told me I was going to make her fat by calling her that because of the keebler elves with the cookies. Not sure why she thought that, but she did. :-)
    Kyra was 4 at the time, and told her "that's not nice. Now, where is your mom so I can tell her you broke a rule and said mean things to someone. And, I'm not fat, my mommy doesn't even give me cookies! You're so rude!" then she crossed her arms and just stared at this woman who looked shocked and just walked away.
    Now, I'm all for kids respecting elders and all, but I'm glad she can stick up for herself and not take crap from someone just because they are an adult. :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:59 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Not necessarily the cutest thing, but My son mimics a garbage truck haha. He watches it outside, and He makes the noises ( Errrr ERRRR) hahaha and lifts his arms then he goes beep beep beep while backing up. Its totally cute haha. Now whenever he walks backwards he beeps. haha. Hes two, btw
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 3:59 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• My boys are 23 months apart, and I remember trying to calm my very cranky younger son when he was an infant, and my older son, around 2 at the time, brought me HIS favorite lullaby pull toy to give to his little brother!!

The extra sweet part, is both of my children have autism, and neither spoke until they were 4 years old. Of course, I didn't know this at the time, but looking back, it brings tears to my eyes, because even though he couldn't communicate verbally, he showed a loving concern for his baby brother! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:08 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Last week my LO came walking out of the bathroom wringing her hands ans saying clean. I went to see what she wa scleaning. My toilet seat was soaked and her bath frogs were in the toilet. I thought that it was hysterical that she was bathing her frogs in the toilet. They were then disinfected and put up higher. LOL
    coala

Answer by coala at 4:05 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• DD today asked "Mommy - what you doing?" I told her I was waiting on the phone (I was on hold) I then asked heer "what are you doing?" she said "I'm a duck" and started to waddle and quack. She is only 21 months old - and this is the first time she pretended anything
    NHRachel

Answer by NHRachel at 8:23 PM on Jul. 12, 2010