Favorite song of the 90s?

So I watched the top 100 songs of the 90s on VH1 and their number one was Smells Like Teen Spirit... do you agree with this number one? Personally I would have gone with something that came from a "boy band" because I think they really defined the 90s musically and paved the way for all the little disney tennie-boppers out there today. What song would you pick?

HuskerMommy08

Asked by HuskerMommy08 at 4:08 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think there were a lot more important musical movements of the 90s than boy bands, so i would agree with their choice.
    katherine.pryde

Answer by katherine.pryde at 4:10 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I would agree with Nirvana because they totally changed music however i think Come As You Are is better than Smells like Teen Spirit.

momofone072506

Answer by momofone072506 at 4:12 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• i think micheal jackson inspired all the boybands though. no..teen spirit sucked. I did love it back then though. i loved all of his music but now when i hear it its so depressing and i hate it. I would say from the 90's ..that song by la bouche..be my lover, thats what sticks out in my head anyways. I dont know if it was 90's. i'm sure it was.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 4:12 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• boyz 2 men..i loved them!
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 4:14 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I SAW THE SIGN, AND IT OPENED UP MY MIND AND I AM HAPPY NOT LIVING WITH OUT YOU, I LEFT YOU OH OHH OHHHHH I SAW THE SIGN AND IT OPENED MY EYES I SAW THE SIGN!!!!!!!

THE SIGN - ACE OF BASE :) love that song to this day!!!!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 4:15 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I'd agree with Nirvana. Where I lived it was way more a 90's grunge scene than a 90's pop scene. Nirvana was also a way more influential band then the dime a dozen boy bands that came out.

Don't get me wrong, I like a good boy band dance party as much as the next gal, but I also appreciate non pop music.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 4:23 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• i don't know who sings it but remember this..

"i'm the one who wants to be with you...deep inside i hope you feel it too.." anyone know? i love that song
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 4:24 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• i do not thing kurt cobain changed anything about music
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 4:26 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• don't know who sings it but remember this..

Mr.Big!!!!! I had the tape single of that song. Gosh I'm dating myself here!!! My best friend and I listened to that song CONSTANTLY!!! Too bad they were a one hit wonder.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 4:26 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• thanks beth...oh, his voice was so SEXY...I really thought he wanted to be with me..haha
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 4:28 PM on Jul. 12, 2010