Can you cry,when you feel like it?

Wondering,because I can't usually cry. I just had a horrible time w/my kids. I want to but I can't. What does it mean when a person can't cry?

momthruivf

Asked by momthruivf at 4:16 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Health

• Yes I Can! You know, it seems as if you are a strong person, thats what i get from it. You want to cry, thinking it may relieve you but you Not Crying I believe is Your strength......Stay Strong! The Way You Are.....
    ILOVEMYBOYS704

Answer by ILOVEMYBOYS704 at 4:23 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Yes, I can.. But I am sappy....depends on what has upset me.
    ShelbysHope

Answer by ShelbysHope at 4:19 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• i dont know if you can but i think so
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 4:17 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Sometimes I can't cry. Most of the time it's the opposite though. i don't want to cry but I break down and do.
    I don't think there's anything wrong with you, you may just need to find another outlet to get those feelings out. You should get a heavy bag and punch the crap out of it when you feel like you need to cry but can't.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 4:20 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Don't worry...it will come out later when you least expect it.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 4:27 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I've felt like this before. It was really weird...and then when I finally did cry, I couldn't stop. It'll eventually come.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 4:34 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I feel better after a cry. But , to answer your question, i don't think it matters that you don't feel able to cry, everybody is different. I cry a lot these days because i smoke while pregnant and feel down about the situation. For me though, i don't want people knowing i have cried, so it's something i keep to myself.
    KandiShelley

Answer by KandiShelley at 4:37 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I think the only reason I can cry and get it out is because i'm pregnant right now and probably more hormonal...so it comes easier. Before this I stopped being able to cry. I guess when a person cries so much and nobody hears it, it makes it less meaningful and you feel like, why does it matter if nobody will hear me.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 4:39 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I can cry whenever I want, unless I am on depression/anxiety meds...then I can't cry. Are you on any meds that may be preventing it?
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 4:41 PM on Jul. 12, 2010