do you think the government is for you or against you???

mrssundin

Asked by mrssundin at 4:23 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• For us but so much is kept from us.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 4:23 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I think the government is there to make us think we have a say in anything that goes on but in reality they'll do what they want regardless of the polls and protests.
    The government is a pacifier.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 4:25 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Against us
    ShelbysHope

Answer by ShelbysHope at 4:25 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I think the government is for itself and we are irrelevant. It has become a consuming machine - it's consumes resources and spits out nothing of value anymore.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:26 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I am a white, christian, middle class female. I am the wrong race, religion, and economic class for the government to be FOR me. It would only be worse if I were a male.
    Anonymous

• I believe they are for themselves. I dont think they really care what We think. Whatever decision that they make, its because they want to not because we opinioned it.....
    ILOVEMYBOYS704

Answer by ILOVEMYBOYS704 at 4:27 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I like to believe that most govt officials begin their careers with the hopes of making the country a better place for the people...But I then assume, that for some, greed takes over when they obtain that power. So ultimately, I think the Constitution is for me, but a large group of folks in office are for themselves.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 4:28 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I think it's a bit of both.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 4:28 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• If you are for them then they are for you... well at least thats how they make it look. I am sure they are just for themselves.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 4:34 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• yes, NP and Crissy are right. They are just for themselves.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 4:44 PM on Jul. 12, 2010