Would you let your 23 month old stay with the grandparents for two weeks.

My inlaws want to take my daughter for 2 weeks this summer. Not going to say what I think about this, I'd like to hear other people's thoughts.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would trust my parents for that long, but they live 20 min away so that isn't a realisitic senario for my life
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:41 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• My parents treat my son and love him like he was their own, but there is no WAY I'd leave him for two weeks, unless it was absolutely vital. It wouldn't be good for either of us to be away from each other for that long.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 4:41 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• NO! sorry i love my parents but no i would miss my daughter to much! and my mom and i dont see eye to eye on how we are raising our daughter! but they are more than welcome to come visit for 2 weeks!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 4:42 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I think 2 weeks is a bit long, i would for a week...maybe but it would be hard for me. but it would be nice to have some alone time. Are they close where you can check in every few days?
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 4:42 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• nope...never...my in-laws tried to take my son for a week and I put my foot down. It's your child, not theirs and if you let them do it then they will expect you to let them do it again.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 4:42 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• No. I think that's too long to be away from your baby.
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 4:43 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I wouldn't let my parents do it either btw, but my parents know that and would NEVER ask me a question like that
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 4:43 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I would definitely send my toddler to stay with my mother if she ever asks. I trust my mother with my children.. But unfortunately, we live 7 hours apart, and my mother works a lot so it isn't an option for her right now.. She misses her grand babies though.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:43 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• dont want to sound mean but i wouldnt be able to relax if my inlaws had our 3 and 1/2yr son. understand that grandparents want to spoil grandkids but they let our son do whatever he wants. i would trust my parents quicker. i left him with inlaws one day for about 3hrs and when i came back he was hyper(sweets),filthy(outside with no coat) and he had pulled loads of toys out. i had to pull them up as he knows to tidy up after himself and i dont allow sweets/treats during the week. all they said was "ah he's fine,he's only a baby"
    shell394

Answer by shell394 at 4:46 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• It would depend on a few things. Do you trust your inlaws? Have they had your child for a long visit before? Where are they going for the two weeks?

If it was my son I would say yes if they would call me everynight so I can talk to him. The longest my inlaws have had my son was for 1½ wks and I was going crazy from missing him
    ajmfmommy

Answer by ajmfmommy at 4:47 PM on Jul. 12, 2010