Have you ever given a "Build-A-Bear" for a gift?

I think they would make a cute gift for a child. Go into one of these places and create an original bear choosing clothes and accessories for the bear that you are interested in to make that bear special.

CafeMochaMom1

Asked by CafeMochaMom1 at 4:43 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Yes! I love build-a-bear! I like to order them from online and have them delivered too.
    I did that for my son for one of his birthdays...got him the happy birthday bear. I ordered one for my neice and had it delivered to her house too...she LOVED it! I order the clothes online and the little shoes and accessories,lol. My son is outgrowing his collection :( But I will be putting everything up for him for when he has children he can pass them on to.
    I havent gotten one for my duaghter yet! She'll be getting her first one soon!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:49 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I have made them for my children for Christmas presents.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:44 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Yes! I've sent them to friends in hospitals and have taken my kids to make them. I also did one for a child I picked off "an angel tree" - since we knew not to do gift cards and such, I got her a bear and a couple of outfits. The card I got back with her own written "thank you" was worth it all!
    mybratsmom

Answer by mybratsmom at 4:55 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• My sister gave hers to my daughter. Mom told me how much that thing cost her. I would never actually pay that much for an animal unless it was the only gift for a kid very, very close to me.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:44 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• At Build a Bear you can go in and buy the bear without stuffing it. Then give it as a present and let the child take it back to Build a Bear and stuff it themselves. I've done this for my nieces and nephew and my own children. When you buy it you just tell them that you don't want it stuffed and then keep the receipt, the child will need that to be able to take it back.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 5:33 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Im not a huge fan of stuffed animals.... but I think it would be a MUCH BETTER gift to give the child a gift certificate and allow the CHILD to make the stuffed animal and choose the clothing.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 5:02 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Yes, I have. Later I learned that my $50 gift card did not cover everything. WOW!!
    smokeybear

Answer by smokeybear at 3:30 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• my brother in law gave my newborn son a cubs bear. it plays take me out to the ball game. son is 3 now and still sleeps with it. hubby and i made one for each kid that is their lovey and then a few months ago we did one that each kid made for the other one.
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 1:59 PM on Jul. 13, 2010