Where is the best place for me to sell my Gold Jewelry? I have a great amount of jewelry I need to get rid of as I have encountered a financial situation. Any ideas?

Chealse_000

Asked by Chealse_000 at 4:44 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Money & Work

• Pawn shop
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:44 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Ebay Craiglist Pawn Shop....
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 4:45 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• A pawn shop, I'd say, or one of those we'll buy your gold places that come to malls, although they aren't always available.

Answer by Bmat at 4:46 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I'd call a jeweler. A pawn shop is going to cheat you (been there). Just ask a real jeweler see if there is a reputable place in your area to go.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:46 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Go to any of the places that say they are buying gold, they are all over now. I would not go to a pawn shop and I would not send it in the mail, so many places are buying gold, jewelers, etc. that you should be able to find a place no problem. Go in, see what they will give you, if you don't like it, leave. Easy as that. They check all the gold to make sure its at least 14k, give you back what isn't, then they weight it right there, and calculate the price. A local market by me had a "gold event" and had a guy there for the day doing this, on a whim I went over with some old crappy stuff, broken chains from the 80's mismatched earrings, etc....walked away with $750! Dh and I were so shocked, we came home and scoured the house for more and went back and got another $675! And I'm telling you, it wasn't that much stuff.... GL.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 6:56 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• When I was down on my luck, I took jewelry to a pawn shop. I'm not a jewelry person though. It was funny..... I was searching for something to sell to make money to pay the bills one month and I sold my only piece of gold... an old bracelet. I forget how much they gave me (this was several years ago), but I remember thinking.... "Is that all?"
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 4:19 AM on Jul. 15, 2010