I’m not sure how cash4gold works but I always wanted to try sending in my gold to online buyers, because they skip the middleman but I’m a little skeptical about them. Does anyone know of any good companies?

AngelicasMommyX

Asked by AngelicasMommyX at 4:48 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Money & Work

• They had some sort of negative write up a while back. Check with the better business bureau or Federal Trade commission to see if there are complaints on specific companies

Answer by admckenzie at 4:50 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• You honestly will get a better deal with a local jeweler. I'd never send my jewelery away to be sold.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:51 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I don't like the idea of sending the pieces away and then you are at their mercy!! There could be a range of what you can get. Call several local jewelers and ask if they buy and if it costs you anything to bring some pieces in. Also, I have sold a lot on eBay. If you are not a memeber just register (free) and then you can do an advanced search. Type in the items you are selling and see if any have sold recently. Check off "completed listings" on the advanced search page. Also you can just type in an item on the regular page and see if anyone is selling something similar. Be specific so you can narrow down the results. Good luck.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:10 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I just answered the other gold question on here, so I'm justy copying and pasting my answer: Go to any of the places that say they are buying gold, they are all over now. I would not go to a pawn shop and I would not send it in the mail, so many places are buying gold, jewelers, etc. that you should be able to find a place no problem. Go in, see what they will give you, if you don't like it, leave. Easy as that. They check all the gold to make sure its at least 14k, give you back what isn't, then they weight it right there, and calculate the price. A local market by me had a "gold event" and had a guy there for the day doing this, on a whim I went over with some old crappy stuff, broken chains from the 80's mismatched earrings, etc....walked away with $750! Dh and I were so shocked, we came home and scoured the house for more and went back and got another $675! And I'm telling you, it wasn't that much stuff.... GL.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 6:58 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• My GF has a Cash For Gold Business.. Your best off going to one...Im not sure where you live..But TONS of places have them now..just make sure you get a GOOD rate, for what the going rate of gold per ounce is THAT DAY..it will vary depending on what grade of gold, whether there are removable or crushable stones, and how pure it is.
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 7:54 PM on Jul. 12, 2010