Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

About Tricare

I am a military spouse and 10 weeks pregnant.I have a 10 months old baby also.My husband and I are going trough the divorce.He got another woman pregnant.I have decided to keep the baby on the way because its still my baby but hes been trying to push me to have an abortion and he said if I dont have an abortion,he would make things difficult for me so he is trying to in rush about the divorce final.
My question is If divorce gets final before the baby is born,What is going to happen with my tricare insurance?The babys due is February.
I know I should ask navy legal and I am planning to make an appointment for it but wondering if anyone knows or have similar situation??

Answer Question

Asked by Miasmama23 at 4:48 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • If I were you i would go to the nearest Base and see what they can help you with.. Like Family Center or something. THats a hard question.. Call Tricare and ask them what are your options

    Answer by UAFwife at 4:54 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

  • I agree with UAFwife. Also the Chapel is a great place for guidance. You can always get on public insurance as a back up. I am sorry you are going through this. DO NOT get rid of his problem. A baby is not a problem! With or without him you will be fine; and have 2 amazing children! Congratulations on your pregnancy!

    Answer by UrbanBabies at 4:58 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

  • To UAFwife
    I already asked people from family support center but they didnt know because its legal stuff.Yea I should make sure and ask navy legal about the stuff.Thank you!

    To UrbanBabies
    Thank you.Yes because its not the babys fault you know.

    Comment by Miasmama23 (original poster) at 5:11 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

  • From what I know if you have been married for 20years then you can keep the coverage. If not then your Tricare eligibility will end at midnight of the day your divorce is final. Now there are some special circumstances but you have to talk to Tricare to see if your situation is within their guidelines. I wish you luck hon.

    Answer by Crissy1213 at 8:14 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

  • You should get a lawyer... Good luck

    Answer by Soniam301 at 8:22 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

  • Thank you Crissy 1213 and Soniam301 .
    Yes Im gonna get a lawyer.Thats the best way to do.Thanks

    Comment by Miasmama23 (original poster) at 5:12 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.