turtle tank VS fish tank

does anyone know if the fish tank filter is the same as the one you should have in a red ear slider turtle tank?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Pets

• i dont know
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 5:00 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I'm not sure on that. I've had fish tanks and turtle tanks. I know you can pretty much use the same types of filters..but I would call the pet store or go up there and ask thier advice.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:05 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• We have always used a fish filter on our turtle tanks. We always got a filter that was for a much bigger tank and pumped more water per hour than needed for the size tank the turtles are in. So for a 40 breeder tank with turtles, you would use a filter for a 75 or 100 gallon fish tank. Turtles are so much more dirty than fish.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 7:19 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• A fish filter is okay to use but they are not the same. Turtles tanks do not necessarily need to be aerated.
    Mortiferouslatt

Answer by Mortiferouslatt at 3:01 PM on Jul. 16, 2010