Age Gap With opposite Sex Friendship

Do you see anything wrong with this friendship?

I never thought about it before, and did not see anything wrong with our friendship....UNTIL...
Someone asked me if I was having an affair...with my friend!
My first thought was "Ewww! Really?"
I am in my 40's, and he is 21 yrs. old. I love to play games such as World of Warcraft, Halo3, etc. We love same genre of adventure films...love the same music/bands, etc...we can talk or text for hours on end or play online...or just take off to town to run errands...and really have a blast! We live in same country town.
We have both wondered about our "connection" and have even done our astrology thing...and we match up perfectly in all aspects. We both feel we are soul friends. Just wondering what the general thought is on this?

Leezah

Asked by Leezah at 5:09 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• ran out of room;

Anyhow, no one can label y'alls friendhsip but y'all. Fuck anyone who wants to start rumors. A good friendship is a wonderful thing, and is very rare. It should never be tossed out the window due to somethng like age & sex & the shit people talk behind your back. Some people don't understand that some humans are more than capable of having awesome frienships with the opposite sex. I think people who CAN'T have friendships with the opposite sex are less evolved. They cannot take sex out of the equation...which is very animalistic. I'm happy for you that you found a great freindship!!!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:47 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• well it is always good to have a great friend to talk to but you shouldnt care what poeple think ot the age difference
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 5:13 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• i have an online guy friend who is 26,I'm 37. He's like a kid to me in so many ways! I could never go there!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:27 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I've been in your shoes. Back in my office days, i had a great friendship with a guy twice my age, he was in his late 50's. He was married, i was friends with his wife & kids. But, everybody in the office were snickering behind our backs talking about how we were having an affair. We just made great friends. We had a very similar sense of humor, we were both open minded & interesteing individuals & we just "got" each other. We doubele dated all the time with my DH & his wife. But, people are so damn judgemental that when they see people of the opposite sex getting along, they automatically think they are screwing. It pissed both of us off, but after a while, we started joking around about it. God, do office people love to start rumors & drama....it was so friggen lame. Guess that's another reason why we clicked, cause everyone else in the office SUCKED!

We're still good freinds to this day too. Still hang out & everything.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:42 PM on Jul. 12, 2010