almost 17 months old and pullups?

My daughter (who will be 17 months in 2 days) has begun potty training. I've followed her cues on this. But she is costing me a lot of money is diapers! She keeps taking them off all day,lol. Its funny to see but not funny on the wallet.
I was thinking of getting her some pullups just for during the day. And diapers for at night. Have you ever had your kids in pullups so young? How did they do?
I was thinking that it would be easier for her to pull them down than trying to tear the diapers off and ruin them so when she has to pee she can do it a little faster and maybe make it to the potty.
When I'm not babysitting, I do let her run around naked for a little.I don't know, it was just a thought I'm contimplating!

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 5:17 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• pull ups cost more and have less in the pack. i got my dd pullups and i HATED them. im just gunna stick to diapers when i potty train.

or u could do ONLY panties in the day time.. just buy a couple packs incase she has an accident. u can buy the kind that have extra padding in the crotch.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:21 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• If she is startign to potty train, I would go out an buy her real underwear--instead of pull ups for daytime use, and diapers for night time. Pull ups tend to extend potty training. Your daughter is still young, but if she wakes up dry, I would let her stay in underwear overnight and see how it goes...just buy a waterproof mattress protector--they're like $10 at Walmart.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:23 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Never did pull-ups cuz if she was going to pee in her pants, she'd do so much they'd just leak anyway. The "big girl" panties did the trick, she was really proud of them and didn't want to mess them up, but she was also older-2.5, so maybe that made a difference.
    Elsasmom

Answer by Elsasmom at 5:51 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Pull-ups do cost more. Huggies brand has the velcro sides so you can unfasten and refasten...that might help her. I did the pull-ups for that reason. My dd was taking her diaper off. She now has big girl panties for day and pull-ups for night. It has been a long month but we are now dry all day with maybe an accident everyother day or so. I do A LOT of laundry!
    welte519

Answer by welte519 at 7:03 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Before we started to pack to move I had my LO trained. She was wearing "training pants" those are the padded panties. They are kind of expensive to get started $10 for a pack of 3. But they do the trick. We area back to diapers and on day 2 in the new house but today she told me that she needed to go potty so we are starting in the right direction again. I wish you luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:29 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• ooo...the padded panties are a good idea. I will look into those.Thanks ladies! Oh and yup..already have the mattress pad protector! LOL
    kimberlyinberea

Comment by kimberlyinberea (original poster) at 5:29 PM on Jul. 12, 2010