Lunch ideas?

I want to do something nice for my boyfriend since he's under a lot of stress and make lunch to bring over, something kinda nice...any ideas?? I'm sorta new to cooking and I've never cooked for him before...Thanks!

Ness87

Asked by Ness87 at 5:19 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Food & Drink

Level 2 (-26 Credits)
  • Tacos are easy to make and yummy... a little messy.. ...I think everyone likes em.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 5:21 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• do a shrimp BLT. simple and delicious. grill or stir fried the shrimp, then cook bacon, Place a lil mayo, lettuce, tomato, bacon , and shrimp on a toasted bread. yummy!
    melody1881

Answer by melody1881 at 5:26 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Club Sandwich and some Macaroni salad and cupcake...easy to make and easy to travel with! Make a special cupcake like chocolate chip cookie dough...they are delicious and super easy!
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 5:27 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• great ideas ladies, thanks! more are still welcome...if anyone adds anything and has a good recipe for soemthing, please add that! thanks!
    Ness87

Comment by Ness87 (original poster) at 5:32 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I was gonna say BLT's. I love the Shrimp BLT idea. I gonna make those!

I have a great Cordon Bleu Pasta Salad recipe that's really good. Let me go look for it.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 5:34 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• 1 (16 ounce) package farfalle (bow tie) pasta
    2 cups cubed cooked chicken
    2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
    2 cups cubed Swiss cheese
    1 cup broccoli florets
    1/4 cup honey
    1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
    2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
    2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
    2 tablespoons chopped onion
    1/2 cup olive oil
    1/4 cup white sugar
    1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
    2 tablespoons chopped parsley
    1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    Directions
    1.Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the bow tie pasta and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink.
    2.Combine pasta, chicken, ham, Swiss cheese, and broccoli in a large bowl. Set aside. Blend honey, mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, onion, oli
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 5:37 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Con*** Blend honey, mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, onion, olive oil, sugar, and garlic salt in a blender. Stir in parsley. Stir dressing into the pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of dressing. Chill salad and reserved dressing in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Stir in the remaining dressing and Parmesan cheese before serving.

This is the Corden Bleu Pasta Salad. It's not as hard as it looks. Most of the ingrediants go into the dressing and all you have to do is blend them all together. Good Luck.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 5:39 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• spaghetti & meatballs are good to
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 5:44 PM on Jul. 12, 2010