Are You Using Cash More Often?

Since our country is going through a "supposed" economic shift, do find that you use cash more often. Or do you still use credit/debit just as often.
We have cut and paid off all credit cards and are only using cash or debit now.
Anyone else?

Leezah

Asked by Leezah at 5:51 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Money & Work

• I'm a cash only girl. Hubby is not working and credit is an ugly thing, imo. I got rid of my last credit card when Mervyn's went out of business and my visa was paid off about 3 1/2 years ago. It's so much easier to manage when you pay in cash.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 6:02 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• We never got a credit card. But I use my debit card more than cash.
    anabele

Answer by anabele at 5:52 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Cash or debit only.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 5:55 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• We don't have a credit card or bank account. My husband's pay is direct deposited onto a prepayed debit card and we use that or we get cash back and use the cash. If we don't have the money for it, we don't get it. Credit cards got us in hot water once. Never again! :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 5:58 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I've only really ever used debit. When I have cash I want to spend it, while with the debit card I am much more in control.....I've never really done credit cards, too much of a pain. I tried it for a while to do the whole "get prizes" thing, but I personally just find it easier to use the debit, spend what I have when I need to thing
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 5:59 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• We aren't using credit at all. We're paying everything off and using cash only, and by cash I mean money we've earned, not physical cash. I don't like to carry cash. One time I accidentally left my wallet in the shopping cart The person who returned it left all my cards but took my cash. And that kind of thing happens a lot. The cash is too easy a target and it's too tempting. So I don't carry it hardly ever any more after that.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 5:59 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Cash only!!
    mybratsmom

Answer by mybratsmom at 7:01 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Cash only here!
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 7:16 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I don't have credit card, but i do use my debit card.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 10:26 PM on Jul. 12, 2010